Sunday, March 26, 2017

Self Reflection weeks 1-3



So far, after just a few short weeks, I have learned much in organizational behavior. As a class we have discussed personal stories and developments that have lead to self reflections. I have been taking notes on the differences in types of climates in different types of employment, including the private and public sectors.

The discussions have lead to self reflection the past few weeks. Through group discussion and Scandura self-assessments, I view that my personal leadership styles reflect how am I as an individual. One of my strengths have always been the ability to read people's behaviors and change myself to best suit them. Whether that is for coaching at work or being an active listener to friends and family at home. I also view myself as honest and hardworking. Being honest, in my opinion, is one of the largest factors of success. Dishonesty leads to disloyalty by your peers, bosses, and employees.

I have also noticed some areas of opportunities to further develop my personalities. I often have been known to not 'smile' or seem happy or positive. I have been focusing on my posture and facial features recently but it has been difficult to constantly notice and change my personality.

The initial classes have lead to much self-reflection and I am enthusiastic about my continued reflection and class discussion.


No comments:

Post a Comment