Friday, March 24, 2017

First reflections

We have had two weeks of class now and I am going to give this reflection post a try.  I am going to start out by saying how much I dislike writing or journaling.  I have never found it to be a useful way to collect my thoughts.  I have always found that nothing organizes my thoughts like a nice long car ride.  I love to drive and I especially love long car rides; the 3-5 hour ones are my favorite.  It is like my Zen time where I organize my thoughts and reflect on what is going on in my life.  In essence, I am typing this reflection under duress!  I was rather nervous before the first day of class because of how the class and the syllabus were laid out.  The impression I got was that this is going to be a class of busy work and that is the type of class I dislike the most.  However, after two nights of class, I am no longer worried.  Even though I am not a big fan of the amount of reading involved, I find that the overall class format of discussion and sharing of our personal thoughts regarding a variety of topics makes the class time go by quickly.  And as far as the discussion posts go…I’d still prefer a long car ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment