Thursday, March 30, 2017

Self Reflection Weeks 1-3

Week 1

Where to begin? After the first class, I felt, overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by the amount of material to cover in such as short amount of time. Where am I going to fit this ONE class into my daily life? How is this going to come together? Our group met over at Kim's house. Kim was hospitable and gracious. Mike was energetic and enthusiastic.  Sarah was unexpectedly funny and well organized. Ray was insightful and sincere. I felt the group worked well together, and we were off to a great start!

Week 2

Trying to maintain a regular reading schedule so I won't fall too far behind  on my reading. I work second-shift from 3-11 every night and have to work weekends every two weeks. Biggest challenge is staying awake at night after I get home from work while reading. This was not working for me in the least. After I get my daughter around and ready for school, it is approximately 8:45. The way I see it, I have 3.5-4.0 hours of productive time for my studies. Time to clear myself of distraction and learn better time management skills. I am struggling with time management.

Week 3

I am now fully aware that I need to dedicate at least an hour a day to my group activities, so as not to play catch up. We are doing our first group volunteer at the multicultural event this Saturday. I am looking forward to helping set up the event and interacting with the members of the group. The more I am writing in this blog, the more comfortable it is. I view it as a "message in a bottle". Throwing my thoughts out to cyber space. 


No comments:

Post a Comment